Friday, June 24, 2011
I think maybe Gene Black needs to email us and claim his prize! Gene, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can brighten your sewing world!
Just wanted to thank all of our Arrow folks for spending another week with us - we're very close to giving away another Gidget II! Hooray!
Thursday, June 16, 2011
After some deliberation, we've chosen
"What do you mean you don't see any resemblance?"
from Angie Hunt Steele as our winner! Angie will be getting her very own "Pockets"!
We also chose two runner-ups, "Do these Roos make my butt look big?" from Tonya Higdon May, and "Australian version of 101 Dalmations" submitted by Stacey Haggerty. They will both be getting a green Arrow bag!
Ladies, please email us at email@example.com to claim your prizes, and thanks to everyone that played along!
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Yo-yo's come in all shapes and sizes these days, so you don't have to limit yourself to round ones anymore. They're also not just for quilts - check out this cute wine tote from Clover!
(photo courtesy of Clover USA)
Let your imagination go yo-yo, and come up with something fun and unique! If you've never made a yo-yo, here's a link that will help:
or use Clover's "Quick" Yo-Yo Makers!
Clover also has some cute yo-yo ideas in the project section on their website,
http://www.clover-usa.com/Make+It/Project+Sheets/, if you need more inspiration!
Now, the technical stuff! The rules:
1. This must be a new item made for this contest, and be your original work.
2. The majority of the item must be made from yo-yo's. In other words, please don't send us a tote bag with one yo-yo on it. We want yo-yo's to be the focus!
3. Please email a 600 x 900 pixel image of your completed project to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, July 7th at 9 pm, along with your name and mailing address. You may enter more than once.
4. All photos will be posted in a slide show here on the Arrow blog on Monday, July 11th.
5. The winner will be chosen in a blind judging by Arrow staff members.
And how about this for the winner:
***UPDATE** Clover USA has kindly donated an additional prize:
Their awesome Stack 'n Stitch Thread Tower! Thanks Clover!
Have fun everyone! We're looking forward to seeing your creations!